[docs] [issue21078] multiprocessing.managers.BaseManager.__init__'s "serializer" argument is not documented

Yuriy Taraday report at bugs.python.org
Thu Mar 27 17:49:51 CET 2014

New submission from Yuriy Taraday:

We're going to use BaseManager for simple secure local RPC and for the "secure" part we can't use pickle, so we have to use "serializer" argument to switch to xmlrpclib.

We need to be sure that argument won't go away so we need it to be documented and supported on future versions.

assignee: docs at python
components: Documentation
messages: 214967
nosy: docs at python, yorik.sar
priority: normal
severity: normal
status: open
title: multiprocessing.managers.BaseManager.__init__'s "serializer" argument is not documented
versions: Python 2.7, Python 3.1, Python 3.2, Python 3.3, Python 3.4, Python 3.5