[docs] flags is not a parameter in open

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pydocs at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 08:13:47 CEST 2014

Hi Gert,

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 7:47 AM, Gert <gert at fenlogic.com> wrote:
> https://docs.python.org/3.0/library/os.html.

Version 3.0 is almost certainly not the version of Python you are
using (and if it is, upgrade now!  3.0 has been unsupported for about
5 years now, 3.4 is current); you would be better served to use the
version of the documentation that matches your version of Python.  You
can either replace the '3.0' in that address with the correct version
number (probably 3.3 or 3.4), or just remove the '.0' to get the
latest Python3 documentation (currently 3.4).

> says this:
> The following constants are options for the flags parameter to the open()
> function.
> os.O_NDELAY
>
> When I follow the link to the open function it does NOT have a flags
> parameter:
> open(file[, mode='r'[, buffering=None[, encoding=None[, errors=None[,
> newline=None[, closefd=True]]]]]])¶

This was a bug in the documentation, the link should have gone to
'os.open' rather than the 'open' built-in function.  It has been fixed
in more recent versions.

Hope this helps,
--
Zach