[docs] [issue22122] turtle module examples should all begin "from turtle import *"

Mark Summerfield report at bugs.python.org
Sun Aug 3 08:55:09 CEST 2014

Mark Summerfield added the comment:

Ah, we're slightly at cross purposes. I showed them purely in terms of the procedural API. However, I can see now that I could have begun with:

import turtle
jane = turtle.Turtle()
jane.fd(100)

So, to "teach" their turtle how to go in a square, I guess they'd do:

def square(who, size=100):
    for n in range(4):
        who.fd(100)
        who.rt(90)

square(jane)

That seems reasonable, but then why isn't the first (and only complete) example done in this OO-ish style?

Anyway, I've marked this closed and will switch to this approach in future.

Thanks.

resolution:  -> not a bug
status: open -> closed