[docs] [issue20103] Documentation of itertools.accumulate is confused

Christian Hudon report at bugs.python.org
Mon Apr 14 21:00:24 CEST 2014

Christian Hudon added the comment:

The following patch improves (I hope) the documentation of itertools.accumulate. Comments and feedback welcome.

Terry, I did not implement your suggestion of changing "returns" to "yields", as it would have made things inconsistent with the documentation (and docstrings) of pretty much all the other generators in the itertools module, as they all use this idiom also. If one of the Python documentation experts thinks this change is also a good idea, please just open a new bug report for that and put me in the nosy list, and I'll do the change for all relevant generators in the itertools module.

keywords: +patch
nosy: +chrish42
Added file: http://bugs.python.org/file34839/accumulate_doc.patch