[docs] [issue15580] fix True/False/None reST markup

Zearin report at bugs.python.org
Tue Jan 29 19:48:07 CET 2013

Zearin added the comment:

I recently attempted to enhance the documentation in #17074.  While I wasn’t linking all occurrences of True/False/None, I did mark them up as ``True``/``False``/``None``.  Additionally, I made sure that these were (when appropriate) capitalized.

I really disagree with the refusal to accept this issue.  Python is represented to the outside world through its documentation. As it is, there are inconsistencies in the capitalization and markup of constants.

CONSTANTS!

This isn’t exactly a nuanced part of the language.  Constants are dead-easy to spot, and they’re dead-easy to fix.

This issue is **low-hanging fruit**.

**Consistency** is also one of Python’s core values.  This is built right into the language itself --- as indentation-based scope.  The patch by chris.jerdonek helps make the documentation more consistent.

I could understand if this isn’t the type of work you like doing.  If the inconsistency was identified, but no one was willing to do the work, **then** this might be considered an issue which “cost[...] developer time that can better be spent elsewhere.”

But that’s not the case.  Chris has already done the work.

It’s low-hanging fruit, it improves Python’s image to the outside world, and it noticeably improves the readability (and usability) of the documentation.

**Please** reconsider accepting this patch.

nosy: +zearin