[docs] [issue15984] Wrong documentation for PyUnicode_FromObject()

Kyle Roberts report at bugs.python.org
Tue Apr 30 21:30:48 CEST 2013

Kyle Roberts added the comment:

Thanks for the quick responses.

Brian: Nice catch, I'll add the ``obj`` shortly.

R. David: You're correct, that's exactly what happens, and what coercion means here. The language is almost the same as PyUnicode_FromEncodedObject()'s documentation, but if it's unclear I don't mind changing both. The code's comment offers another way of describing the "type modification":

/* For a Unicode subtype that's not a Unicode object, return a true Unicode object with the same data. */