[docs] IDLE HOWTO (issue 17583)

ezio.melotti at gmail.com ezio.melotti at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 22:59:10 CEST 2013

http://bugs.python.org/review/17583/diff/7736/Doc/howto/idle.rst
File Doc/howto/idle.rst (right):

http://bugs.python.org/review/17583/diff/7736/Doc/howto/idle.rst#newcode4
Doc/howto/idle.rst:4: In this guide, we take a look at the basic
features of `IDLE`
On 2013/04/01 04:17:46, Todd.Rovito wrote:
> I would replace the word "guide" with FAQ throughout the document
because you
> are adding a new FAQ after all right?

This looks more like a guide/howto to me.

http://bugs.python.org/review/17583/diff/7736/Doc/howto/idle.rst#newcode6
Doc/howto/idle.rst:6: are suitable for a new Python programmer. The
scope of this document
On 2013/04/01 04:17:46, Todd.Rovito wrote:
> which is suitable for a beginner Python programmer.

which is suitable for beginner Python programmers.

http://bugs.python.org/review/17583/diff/7736/Doc/howto/idle.rst#newcode8
Doc/howto/idle.rst:8: write programs using the editor and running it.
On 2013/04/01 04:17:46, Todd.Rovito wrote:
> The scope of this document is intentionally limited to demonstrate the
use of
> the IDLE editor to create Python programs then run those programs in
the IDLE
> shell.

This sentence will get outdated as soon as new things will be added, so
it could either be removed, or replaced with something a little more
vague (e.g. "This document is only meant to provide a basic introduction
to IDLE features.").

http://bugs.python.org/review/17583/