[docs] [issue13700] imaplib.IMAP4.authenticate authobject fails with PLAIN mechanism

R. David Murray report at bugs.python.org
Tue Jan 3 02:59:59 CET 2012

R. David Murray <rdmurray at bitdance.com> added the comment:

The first argument to authenticate must be bytes.  This is not well documented.  It might also be a bug, since I'm not sure anyone has done a thorough audit of what should be bytes and what should be string in imaplib.

3.1 no longer gets bug fixes, so I'm removing it from versions.  Likewise I remove 3.4 since that applies only to changes that will *not* be put in 3.3 for some reason.

assignee:  -> docs at python
components: +Documentation
nosy: +docs at python, r.david.murray
versions:  -Python 3.1, Python 3.4