[docs] [issue10713] re module doesn't describe string boundaries for \b

Ezio Melotti report at bugs.python.org
Mon Feb 27 13:24:22 CET 2012

Ezio Melotti <ezio.melotti at gmail.com> added the comment:

This is a new patch based on Martin work.
I don't think it's necessary to explain what happens while using r'\b' or r'\B' on an empty string in the doc -- that's not a common case and it might end up confusing users.  I think however that a couple of examples might help them figuring out what they are useful for.
Mentioning that they work with the beginning/end of the string too is a reasonable request, so I tweaked the doc to point that out.

stage: needs patch -> patch review
type:  -> enhancement
versions:  -Python 3.1
Added file: http://bugs.python.org/file24661/issue10713.diff