[docs] python using my bandwidth

Sandro Tosi sandro.tosi at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 16:18:04 CET 2012

Hello Drew,
i'm sorry but this is not the right forum to solve your problem.

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 14:04, Drew <drewvb at lantic.net> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have bought a new computer and installed Ubuntu Linux 11.10
> My bandwidth is being used up very quickly.
> I used 'sudo nethogs eth0' in a terminal
> This showed that /usr/bin/python is the only program continually using the
> internet and using my bandwidth.
> What can I do to stop this happening?

You have installed ubuntu, so you should seek help from their help
forums (either mailing lists, chats or whatever). The fact you're
seeing a 'python' process running it indicates to me it might be a
script or a program written in python that's running, not the Python
interpreter itself that's causing that.

Regards,