[docs] Diagrams Wanted

Zearin zearin at gonk.net
Sat Feb 18 01:16:31 CET 2012

I think the Python documentation is among some of the best open source documentation out there.  It’s very well-written, well-organized, and pretty damn thorough.

But I have one problem: I’m a visual thinker…and there are no diagrams. ☹

Diagrams are valuable.  They can convey information at glance that would otherwise take paragraphs.  And let me assure you, I *do* appreciate the written word—quite a bit, in fact.  I enjoy writing, and I enjoy improving existing writing.  But the main documentation already has solid writing.  And although I’ve learned much from it, diagrams would help solidifying some concepts into memory ten times easier.

Would it be possible to generate diagrams for the documentation?  Or, to start with, the Standard Library?

(Specifically, I’m thinking of UML Class Diagrams.  When I want a quick overview of what something does, they are invaluable.  And if they contain hypertext that links from the diagram to the full text, they are my salvation! :)

—Zearin (Tony)