[docs] [issue16805] when building docs on Debian 7 --> ERROR: Error in "note" directive

Sandro Tosi report at bugs.python.org
Sat Dec 29 14:23:01 CET 2012

Sandro Tosi added the comment:

On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 4:07 PM, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe
<report at bugs.python.org> wrote:
>> no-one has done the work of testing, preparation and migration: do you
>> volunteer? :)
>
> What needs doing exactly? I would volunteer if guided. I normally

(you always can't expect to be guided) it's not much more than

- update sphinx (and the other tools it depends on, if needed).
- fix what's broken or what needs updating
- verify the doc is ok

for any supported branches.

> Also, can I submit a patch that adds the missing newlines, or will
> some committer take care of it, or does this need further discussion?

it won't hurt to have a patch. But please build the doc it with the
CPython selected tools before submitting the patch, and verifying the
doc sections you've changed are still ok.