[docs] Suggestion on Python documentation

Sandro Tosi sandro.tosi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 23:37:10 CEST 2011

Hi Hessu,
thanks a lot for your input!

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 12:19, Hessu <heikki.rissanen at rissanen.cc> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have been programming with 10+ languages at some point of my life but
> I'm new in Python so some things just pop up when I'm trying to understand
> the world of Python.

It's really important the judgment of our users: the reader of the
docs, in particularly those looking for to build skills in the
language, because it gives us a new point-of-view.

> I suggest that the documentation should include much more examples or links.

You may well understand we'd need some examples :)

The longer the list, the better, actually.

> Here's one example from: http://docs.python.org/library/os.path.html
>
> "os.path.abspath(path): Return a normalized absolutized version of the
> pathname path. On most platforms, this is equivalent to
> normpath(join(os.getcwd(), path))"
>
> I'm sure that this explanation is probably very true but a simple example
> would make it also useful.

Could you please provide a snippet of code you consider worth adding
to the doc for os.path.abspath() ? Ideally it would be nice if you can
report and issue to http://bugs.python.org, but it's fine if you
follow up here, I'll just proxy to the issue tracker when needed.

Cheers,