[docs] bug in Functional Programming HOWTO

Eli Bendersky eliben at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 05:25:59 CET 2011

2011/11/20 Michał Chałupczak <michal at pykonik.org>:
> Hi,
>
> I have found small bug in Functional Programming HOWTO. In section
> http://docs.python.org/howto/functional.html#python-specific In the last
> sentence there are some links given. The two first point to resource that
> does not exist.
>
> The first link, "part 1", points to
> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-prog.html but should point to
> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-prog.html.
> The second link, "part 2" points to
> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-prog2.html but should point to
> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-prog2/index.html.
>
> Those are really small mistakes and I am sure that everyone fix them on
> their own when reading documentation. Nevertheless it would be nice if there
> are no errors in python doc at all.
>
> Regards,
> michał chałupczak

Hi Michał,

Thanks for the report - the links are indeed broken. However, I wonder
whether there's sense to provide these links at all, given that the
article was written in 2001. The code samples there don't work with
Python 3.x at all, AFAICS. Perhaps it will be best to remove these
links altogether?

Eli