[docs] [issue11203] gzip doc is behind

Éric Araujo report at bugs.python.org
Tue Jun 7 19:25:53 CEST 2011

Éric Araujo <merwok at netwok.org> added the comment:

In 2.7, while there is no index-generating entry for the close method, it is mentioned: “Calling a GzipFile object’s close() method [...]”.

> Yes, I concur that there is an implication, but I would prefer to see
> it stated explicitly along with the explicit statement that it
> supports an open call.

I wouldn’t like to see the docs for int, float, complex, Decimal, Fraction, GzipFile, BZ2File, BytesIO, StringIO and all others having duplicated lists of methods and attributes that are already documented in the doc of the ABC.