[docs] [issue12682] Meaning of 'accepted' resolution as documented in devguide

Petri Lehtinen report at bugs.python.org
Sat Aug 6 08:30:38 CEST 2011

Petri Lehtinen <petri at digip.org> added the comment:

Terry J. Reedy wrote:
> Adding a feature 'fixes' the deficiency of its absence. I personally
> have no use for 'accepted' and find it ambiguous. My best
> understanding is what David has seen (accepted in principle).

Ditto.

Having separate resolutions for bugs and features makes it harder to
find all issues that have been closed as "bug fixed or feature
accepted", because you cannot select multiple resolutions when
searching.

With one resolution, you can simply search for "fixed" issues. If you
only want to find feature requests that were accepted, search for
type=feature and resolution=fixed.