[docs] Move some modules in the library ToC

techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Sun May 16 10:24:14 CEST 2010

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 11:10 PM, Éric Araujo <merwok at netwok.org> wrote:

> I suggest moving the index entries about argparse, optparse and logging
> from the catch-all and slightly obscure “Generic Operating System
> Services” heading to “Program Frameworks”.
>
> I can open a bug and attach a patch if people are +1.

Argparse and optparse are in fact interfaces for OS command line
services. I can't see how could they be used without it. Cmd2 could be
called "Program Framework", but it is not in stdlib as far as I know.
And "Program Framework" sounds too abstract and obscure. Is Django a
"Program Framework", abc module? I would keep it low level. Logging is
more development tool than OS. I would prefer something like
"Application Tools" or "Application Units". Wherever they are, I never
knew where - the only logical layout I can remember was in Python
Cookbook.

--
anatoly t.