[docs] lib/python|version|/site-packages vs lib/python|version|/dist-packages

Thomas Oliveira thomas.oliveira at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 00:44:48 CEST 2010

Dear Admin,

According to what I see in my computer and after doing a Google search
on the subject:

http://www.google.com/search?q=site-packages+dist-packages

it seems that on some Debian-based Linux distributions (including Ubuntu)
the "site-packages" directory described in the site module's
documentation pages:

http://docs.python.org/release/2.6.5/library/site.html#module-site
http://docs.python.org/py3k/library/site.html#module-site

has been named "dist-packages", instead of "site-packages".

Could you please insert a note about it on these documentation pages?

I will prevent some beginner developers (like me!) to make confusion.

Thank you,

Thomas Oliveira