[Doc-SIG] Separate Org

Abdur-Rahmaan Janhangeer arj.python at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 22:02:23 EDT 2019

Abdur-Rahmaan Janhangeer
Mauritius

On Mon, 8 Jul 2019, 00:13 Julien Palard, <julien at palard.fr> wrote:

> > I was thinking if we could set up a separate github org repo dedicated
> for translations where we can regroup all translations, infos and tools

> Do you mean a separate org or a separate repo? I have hard times to parse
> "org repo", I will assome "a separate organization".

My mistake, organisation. A separate organisation

> The aim is focus
>
> Can you elaborate? I don't get it.

People contributing to translations have a clear space

> and freeing up the main Cpython org (not cluttering it up) !
>
> I don't feel we're cluttering the /python/ org: translation represents
> 9/74 repos.

Imagine it for 90 languages? We can then also host beginner translations.
Someone who wants to contribute can browse and see. Associated helping
tools/scripts on the CPython org are for facilitating CPython dev, not for
translations.