[Doc-SIG] Python docs in reST

Felix Wiemann Felix.Wiemann at gmx.net
Wed May 25 23:57:18 CEST 2005

Martin Blais wrote:

> 1. why exactly do we want to change the documentation system?

Ideas:

* We want to have **well-readable** documentation source.

* We want to get **flexibility** in that we can modify the parsed
  document using Python code.

  In particular I have Docutils' document tree in mind -- use
  rst2pseudoxml.py to see what it looks like.  You can easily apply
  transformations on these trees, using your favorite programming
  language ;-).  This is not (easily?) possible with LaTeX.

* We want an **easy-to-use** documentation system.  Any documentation
  should be renderable by typing "sometool.py input.txt output.html".
  Getting multi-document output should be similarly easy.

--
For private mail please ensure that the header contains 'Felix Wiemann'.

http://www.ososo.de/