[Doc-SIG] some ideas for reStructuredText & document model

Garth Kidd garth@deadlybloodyserious.com
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 11:50:35 +1100

> What's this? Garth the yes-man? Strange days.

I don't have the time to argue. :)

> My HTML Writer uses CSS1 extensively, but only HTML 4.01. Is
> XHTML support ready for prime time?

Getting there, from what I here. If you're already using decent HTML and
CSS together, XHTML is either not that big a step or not that necessary
a step, depending on how you look at it. :)

>>> - Make footnotes two-way, GNU-style? What if there are multiple
>>>   references to a single footnote?
>>
>> Ha! I told you that'd happen! :)
>
> Did you? And did you have any useful suggestions at the time? ;)

My memory is fading, so I might well get it wrong, but I *think* I was
arguing for a unified namespace for footnotes and link targets, such
that auto-numbered footnotes could be named and normal links could be
used to target them. Useful enough? :P

Regards,
Garth.