[Doc-SIG] Re: Document titles (was RE: [Docstring-develop] DPS - possible bugs/features)

David Goodger goodger@users.sourceforge.net
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 19:22:27 -0400

Your examples of post-parse transformations are good. I've begun
writing them up in the spec.

Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) wrote:
> * Generating a document title from a title within the
>   document
>
>   (my HTML stuff actually looks first for a title on
>   the "top" element of the tree, then for a title in
>   the first child - I imagine that's a sensible
>   algorithm if you *must* have a title)

But what if there's a second child with a title (i.e. multiple sibling
top-level sections)? The first section's title may not be a good or
appropriate choice for the document title, especially if it's
"Introduction".

--
David Goodger    goodger@users.sourceforge.net    Open-source projects:
 - Python Docstring Processing System: http://docstring.sourceforge.net