[Doc-SIG] A couple documentation questions

skip@mojam.com (Skip Montanaro) skip@mojam.com (Skip Montanaro)
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 14:50:47 -0500

Fred's note motivated me to return to work on the two sections he assigned
me.  I have a couple questions...

    1. Are there any standards or conventions for module documentation?
       I thought there used to be a template doc file named libxxmodule.tex
       file that you could use as a starting point, but I couldn't find
       anything that looked promising.  For now I'm just poking around the
       other module doc files and sort of following my nose.

    2. How do people test what they've written?  It takes forever to format
       the entire manual.  I quickly tried creating a libsmall.tex file
       that's lib.tex with just my modules, but "make libsmall.ps" fails in
       both the paper-letter and lib directories.  I guess that route will
       require some Makefile fiddling.  It would be nice if there were
       already default targets for the common chain .tex -> .dvi -> .ps.

Skip