[Doc-SIG] Documentation systems for other languages

Guido van Rossum guido@CNRI.Reston.VA.US
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 17:35:27 -0500

> From: "Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org>
>
> David Niergarth writes:
>  > This is a little off the topic of Fred's original question but maybe some
>  > future free IDE for Python might incorporate the folding concept.
>
>   Interesting snippets are always interesting!
>   A number of people have proposed adding folding support to IDLE, but
> I don't know if anyone is actually working on it.  Heck, for all I
> know, it might be in there already!

No, it's not been done yet.  It might be tricky, given that the Tk
text widget we're using doesn't support such a concept -- we'd have to
delete the folded text from the buffer and trap keystrokes.

I agree though that it's a useful feature.  (Among many others.)