[Doc-SIG] Documentation systems for other languages

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 10:15:42 -0500 (EST)

Andrew M. Kuchling writes:
 > For POD, what about http://www.perl.com/pub/doc/manual/html/pod/perlpod.html ?

  Works for me!  I'd been using the installed man page, as I don't
know how to find things in the Perl world.  I've updated the page.

 > I suppose literate programming systems like CWEB are too far afield,
 > since they usually need a general-purpose system like TeX.

  Processing requirements are irrelevant for our (immediate) purposes,
I think.  This does indicate an entire category of tools that I didn't
include a category for; I've added an acknowledgement of their
existance, but I'd rather not create a new list.  If anyone has a link
to a fairly well maintained list of LitProg tools, I'll be glad to
include the link on the page.
  Thanks!

  -Fred

--