[Doc-SIG] docstring grammar

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 17:09:38 -0500 (EST)

Jack Jansen writes:
 > If this is indeed agreed upon by everyone (even if only for the reason
 > that Our Benevolent Dictator Says So) it makes the discussion quite a
 > bit simpler, as various of the things people proposed over the last
 > few days failed the no-execution test.

  Discussion of what goes into the docstrings is still relevant.
There's also things like someone (MAL?) showed:

	__version__ = "$Revision: 1.10$"[11:-1]

that become much harder to detect; I would encourage people to use

	__version__ = "$Revision: 1.10$"

and expect the tools to recognized common things like RCS/SCCS cruft,
and decode appropriately.  These could be done in a module like
docutils.misc.  ;-)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>