[DOC-SIG] Python Library Reference in new HTML form

Fred L. Drake Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 09:37:38 -0500 (EST)

Laurence Tratt writes:
 > But Strong is generally just Bold... The concern was over font size.
 > I tend to think of font size as something of last resort... I'm

  Yes; the intent of my solution was to avoid dealing with the font
size at all.  ;-)

 > It is quite confusing... There's anydbm and dumbdm, but I don't think
 > there's any others... Quite a few lib*.tex files document more than
 > one module within them, but that doesn't seem like a problem to me,

  The number of modules per .tex file should be entirely irrelevant,
but those which describe more than one, with the UserDict/UserList and
anydbm/dumbdbm exceptions, still use one \section{} for each module.
That's where the problem creeps in.

 > I don't think I'd include it by default... It would be intimidating
 > to novice users and a great deal of other users. Python does not need
 > to be seen by the outside world to be "just another difficult to
 > learn, technically minded language". But it could be an option if

  Sounds good.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.