[DOC-SIG] Re: What does this mean for Python?

Sjoerd Mullender Sjoerd.Mullender@cwi.nl
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 14:02:52 +0100

On Fri, Mar 13 1998 Lars Marius Garshol wrote:

> At 13:26 13.03.98 +0100, Sjoerd Mullender wrote:
> >
> >I don't feel threatened.  I was the first to create an XML parser for
> >Python, and nobody can take that away.  :-)
>
> True enough. xmllib is also part of the standard distribution, which
> is another point in your favour. :)

But that could be taken away from me.  :-)

> >I looked hard at the XML spec when implementing it, so I feel pretty
> >confident that it is reasonably close.  I did some more work after 1.5
> >came out, so my current version is even better (though not necessarily
> >faster).
>
> Do you have a URL to it? It would be nice to both have the newest
> version and to be able to link to xmllib specifically and not just as
> part of the standard distribution.

ftp://ftp.cwi.nl/pub/sjoerd/xmllib.tar.gz
http://www.cwi.nl/ftp/sjoerd/xmllib.tar.gz

-- Sjoerd Mullender <Sjoerd.Mullender@cwi.nl>
   <URL:http://www.cwi.nl/~sjoerd/>