[Distutils] Facing a strange issue while uploading my package using devpi

Dustin Ingram di at di.codes
Mon Apr 2 16:43:43 EDT 2018

Some more information about the environment you built your
distribution in would be helpful.

The `PKG-INFO` file is not derived from your README, if you un-tar the
source distribution, is there a file named `PKG-INFO` in the top-level
directory?

What's the result of running using the `pkginfo` project [0] to
extract the metadata?

```
import pkginfo
print(pkginfo.get_metadata('my_application.tar.gz'))
```

[0] https://pypi.org/project/pkginfo/

D.