[Distutils] Finishing up PEP 517

Daniel Holth dholth at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 21:42:52 EDT 2017

I was able to implement PEP 517 build_wheel and build_sdist for enscons (on
bitbucket), and a click cli calling any backend mentioned in
pyproject.toml. Pretty simple. Not sure what to do with the config
dictionary.

SCons is not designed to be called twice in the same process with different
arguments. It would be easier for me to know that pip would only invoke one
PEP 517 function per subprocess, or to know all target directories in
advance. Otherwise the enscons.api subprocess has to invoke SCons in
another subprocess. SCons also builds all targets (wheel and sdist in same
invocation) by default.

"Alakazam!"