[Distutils] Malicious packages on PyPI

Matt Joyce matt at nycresistor.com
Thu Jun 1 15:59:54 EDT 2017

I mean the easy attack vector is find a package where the package name does
not match the import namespace.  If the import namespace has no
corresponding package in pypi... register it.

Anyone who blind tries to grab a dependency will grab your module instead
of the one they want.

Horrible to do.  But that's the attack vector.