[Distutils] latest setuptools appears to require six in a breaking way

Eric Brunson brunson at brunson.com
Fri Jan 27 14:54:58 EST 2017

Donald,

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain the situation so
thoroughly.  I guess it's pretty easy to get confused by where the tools
overlap and where they are disjoint.  I think I understand better.

To be sure, my original email was focused on the setuptools instability
we've seen in the past 6 to 8 weeks, as we rely on that for our CI and
deployment automation.  I hope is a growing pain and things will settle
down in the near term.  I know there are big changes going on and these
sorts of things can't always be painless.

Sincerely,
e.