[Distutils] Module Installation Issues

Donald Stufft donald at stufft.io
Wed Sep 14 07:43:20 EDT 2016

> On Sep 13, 2016, at 7:06 PM, Steve Dower <steve.dower at python.org> wrote:
>
> This is exactly the argument I was expecting when I said "those who want it to be perfect in every scenario"

FWIW I don’t have a strong feeling on whether we should add it or not. I haven’t been a beginner in a long time and I am not very good at putting myself in their shoes. I legitimately don’t know what would be more or less confusing here, possible weird state (with or without a warning that they might be getting into weird state territory) or an error message telling them to use a real shell and not the Python REPL.

—
Donald Stufft