[Distutils] PEP for specifying build dependencies

Randy Syring randy at thesyrings.us
Thu May 12 13:31:57 EDT 2016

On 05/12/2016 12:33 PM, Brett Cannon wrote:
> Both Donald and Nathaniel say to drop it, and since I put it in just
> to be overly cautious I'm fine with dropping it. So unless Nick says
> "semantics-version or death!", I agree w/ my co-authors and would
> update the PEP to say:
>
>  1. no semantics-version
>  2. [build-system] instead of [package.build-system]

FWIW, as a someone who is not highly involved, but following this
discussion b/c I maintain projects/packages, I like the simplicity and
readability of this.  +1

*Randy Syring*
Husband | Father | Redeemed Sinner

/"For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world
and forfeit his soul?" (Mark 8:36 ESV)/