[Distutils] Deprecating PyPI as an OpenID Provider

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 17:48:13 EDT 2016

On 7 June 2016 at 13:33, Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> wrote:

> On 06/07/2016 04:24 PM, Ian Cordasco wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 2:59 PM, Donald Stufft <donald at stufft.io>
>> wrote:
>>> Longer term, Python should get a centralized Sign on across all it’s
>>> web properties, which could re-implement this feature for folks who
>>> want it.
>>
>> I agree. This is should be a goal for the PSF. This would help with
>> elections and a number of other things as well. I think there are a
>> few solutions like FreeIPA if anyone on this list is interested in
>> looking into helping the PSF implement this.
>
> IIRC, Christian Heimes works on FreeIPA in his day job for RedHat.

He does, and improving the identity management situation is also on
the PSF Infrastructure Manager's TODO list - even properly documenting
all our identity silos and access management requirements will take a
bit of work (as in addition to the community facing services, there
are also PSF staff services and backend infrastructure to take into
account).

Cheers,
Nick.