[Distutils] Outdated packages on pypi

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 12:32:03 EDT 2016

On 22 July 2016 at 16:47, Chris Barker - NOAA Federal
<chris.barker at noaa.gov> wrote:
> But it's totally unclear to me whether the core devs don't think these
> are problems worth addressing, or think they can only be addresses
> with major effort that no one has time for.

Speaking for myself, it's the latter. I think there are issues worth
resolving, but the implementation would need more effort than we have
available.

Also, there's a lot of sensitivity in this area. Any solution is
almost certain to ruffle some feathers, so a lot of the effort needed
could well be in the form of diplomatically managing project
maintainers' expectations/views. Which is pretty draining, and the
people doing the work are likely to have a high burnout rate. (In my
opinion).

Paul