[Distutils] Package classifiers - both major and minor Python versions?

Fred Drake fred at fdrake.net
Fri Jan 22 08:47:51 EST 2016

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 2:57 AM, Chris Jerdonek
<chris.jerdonek at gmail.com> wrote:
> If "Python 2" really means that all 2.x versions are supported as
> opposed to just some, then that should also be clarified (and
> similarly for "Python 3").

Bingo!  That's the main point, I think.  Because there's no single
reference for what it means to apply any particular classifier, we're
not going to get a lot of mileage from them.

At this point, classifiers are still pretty much recreational.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.    <fred at fdrake.net>
"A storm broke loose in my mind."  --Albert Einstein