[Distutils] [final version?] PEP 513 - A Platform Tag for Portable Linux Built Distributions

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 07:45:39 EST 2016

On 16 February 2016 at 14:55, Petr Viktorin <encukou at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, what is the argument against "pip install --user"? Does that not
> leave everyone happy?

See https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/1668

Long story short, that's the intention, but there are a lot of
questions that need(ed) to be resolved. I'm not sure if we're at a
point where it's practical yet, though. (One big question in my mind
is whether --user installs work as well as we hope they do - as far as
I know very few people actually use them routinely...)

Paul