[Distutils] Deprecating little used file types/extensions on PyPI?

Jim Fulton jim at jimfulton.info
Sat Aug 20 13:45:44 EDT 2016

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 11:15 AM, Leonardo Rochael Almeida <
leorochael at gmail.com> wrote:

> A wheel2egg might be nice, but unless it's integrated into setuptools
> proper, it would mean adding another dependency to buildout and the
> developers would rather depend on a single library for talking to PyPI

I'm not sure this is as important as it once was.  Depending on setuptools
and it's bootstrapping mechanism easier, but setuptools' bootstrapping
functionality is going away. We've discussed giving up on allowing buildout
to bootstrap itself without modifying the Python install, although I still
rather like that feature.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton