[Distutils] 'Invalid module name' creating package with setuptools

Luí­s de Sousa luis.de.sousa at protonmail.ch
Fri Apr 15 02:52:17 EDT 2016

Hi Marius, thank you for the reply.

If I remove the line # coding=utf8, I get the following error:

$ python setup.py bdist_wheel --universal
File "setup.py", line 18
SyntaxError: Non-ASCII character '\xc3' in file setup.py on line 18, but no encoding declared; see http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0263.html for details

I created main functions in each of these scripts and altered the entry points bit to:

entry_points={
'console_scripts': [
'scriptA=proj:scriptA:main',
'scriptB=proj:scriptB:main'
],
},

This way I get this error:

$ python setup.py bdist_wheel --universal
error in proj setup command: ("EntryPoint must be in 'name=module:attrs [extras]' format", 'scriptA=proj:scriptA:main')

The __init__.py file is empty, by the way. Any other hints?

Thank you,

Luís

Sent from [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.ch), encrypted email based in Switzerland.