[Distutils] How to add GDAL as a dependency to a Python package

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Wed Apr 13 14:26:54 EDT 2016

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 12:02 AM, Luí­s de Sousa <
luis.de.sousa at protonmail.ch> wrote:

> Thank you for the reply Chris.
>
> I just tried to install pygdal directly from PiPY on a stock Ubuntu
> distribution and it fails [0], even if I supposedly have all the necessary
> headers installed.

exactly -- not a pip issue :-(

are there not Ubuntu packages for GDAL?

-CHB

I will try easier ways before going with Conda, but thanks for the

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov