[Distutils] New Design Landed in Warehouse

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Sat Nov 21 02:46:45 EST 2015

On Fri, 20 Nov 2015 11:40:23 -0500
Randy Syring <randy.syring at level12.io>
wrote:

> I'm glad to see progress being made.  Thanks for the time and effort
> that is being put into this.
>
> After taking a look, the one thing that really stuck out to me in a
> negative way was how much screen space the header is using up.  I've
> created an issue for discussion here:

Agreed.  The look of the average project page is a bit depressing:
https://warehouse.python.org/project/six/

Useful content starts only 2/3 down the first page. The large "pip
install six" snippet probably doesn't deserve being that proeminent
(or being there at all), and is ironically redundant with the "how do
I install this?" link just below.

I would also suggest a bit more care on the typography :-) The main
body text here:
https://warehouse.python.org/project/requests/
looks much less nice than here:
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/requests/

(actually, in both those pages, it would be nice trying justifying the
text, as well)

Regards

Antoine.