[Distutils] FINAL DRAFT: Dependency specifier PEP

Marcus Smith qwcode at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 13:30:17 EST 2015

> Its included in the complete grammar, otherwise it can't be tested.
> Note that that the PEP body refers to the IETF document for the
> definition of URIs. e.g. exactly what you suggest.

doesn't this imply any possible URI can theoretically be a PEP440 direct
reference URI ?

Is that true?

It's unclear to me what PEP440's definition really is with words like "The
exact URLs and targets supported will be tool dependent"

Will "direct references" ever be well-defined? or open to whatever any tool
decides can be an artifact reference?