[Distutils] build system abstraction PEP, take #2

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Tue Nov 17 12:36:51 EST 2015

On 18 November 2015 at 04:20, Daniel Holth <dholth at gmail.com> wrote:
> LGTM
>
> Q: Why is build_command a list?

Because the dependency spec framing we established doesn't describe
multiple dependencies in one string (and we chose to write one that
can be embedded in different higher layer things specifically to allow
wider reuse) - we could define a wrapper here, or, since we have a
structured config file, use that structure. It read a bit nicer in
YAML, but see JSON under rationale.

> Q: Why isn't the file name venezuelanbeavercheese.json instead of pypa.json?

:)

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>