[Distutils] Implementing large changes in small increments

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 16:11:25 CET 2015

On 7 March 2015 at 09:01, Donald Stufft <donald at stufft.io> wrote:

> F/OSS tooling is nice, but I honestly care a whole lot less about that and a
> lot more about whatever tooling is the most effective for us to get the job
> done. This can include hosted services (and possibly even hosted services that
> cost money). Written in Python is also nice, but again I honestly don’t care
> about that nearly as much as I care about the tooling being effective.

Right, that's why I suggested GerritHub or Phabricator as
possibilities for consideration, based on my interpretation of some of
the concerns raised, since they both allow the GitHub repos to remain
the "single source of truth", while adding some additional process
options around them.

However, it sounds like there aren't any current major tooling issues
aside from GitHub's lack of support for a "Triager" level of
permissions, so even the idea of potentially adopting your own
suggested Phabricator+GitHub approach wouldn't rank very high on pip's
process improvement list at this point.

Regards,
Nick.