[Distutils] Handling Case/Normalization Differences

Donald Stufft donald at stufft.io
Tue Sep 2 04:15:29 CEST 2014

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014, at 08:15 PM, Chris Jerdonek wrote:
> I don't know exactly.  I'd say a change that in your judgment you
> think has a non-trivial chance of breaking existing tools.  Holger is
> probably in a better position to say.  I was just speaking in support
> of his request, which seemed reasonable to me.
>
> --Chris

Which is exactly my point. This change was minor. It didn't break
anything
but devpi and it wouldn't have broken devpi to my knowledge except for
an assert statement that wasn't particularly needed.

I already give notice (and discussion, often times even PEPs) for any
change
that I believe to be breaking. Wanting more is wanting notice on every
single change on the off chance someone somewhere might have some
dependency on any random implementation detail.