[Distutils] Package's declared latest version ignored by Warehouse

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Dec 2 01:40:03 CET 2014

Donald Stufft <donald at stufft.io> writes:

> Can you go into some detail about what the use case is for having
> something other than the latest version be the default version shown?

Not much detail needed: The package version was released before it was
realised that it breaks many people's systems on upgrade.

To address this, without re-writing history, it is desirable that the
default version be an earlier, known-working version.

I didn't realise that package fetch-and-install tools fail to honour
that setting. So now I don't have a good solution.

--
 \        “All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more |
  `\   robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument |