[Distutils] How setuptools reads requirements

Kura kura at kura.io
Tue Nov 19 19:56:07 CET 2013

Hey guys

I'm trying to dig in to how setuptools/distutils reads the [install_]requires keyword and how requirements.txt is handled.

I've tried running setup.py --requires but get an empty response back, this also fails when using >=x.x,<=x.y and causes a Python stack trace.

Was wondering if someone on here could shed some light on the topic for me.

It's for a Python dependency management/monitoring system I am writing so hopefully would benefit the overall community.

--
Kura

t: @kuramanga [https://twitter.com/kuramanga]
w: https://kura.io [https://kura.io]