[Distutils] buildout 2.0.0b1 released

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Jan 21 17:22:04 CET 2013

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 11:11 AM, Maurits van Rees
<m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl> wrote:
> Op 21-01-13 13:31, Jim Fulton schreef:
>
>> Changes:
>>
>>    http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zc.buildout/2.0.0b1#b1-2013-01-21
>>
>> If problems aren't discovered first, I plan to make the final release
>> next weekend.
>>
>> To install the new release, download:
>>
>>    http://downloads.buildout.org/2/bootstrap.py
>>
>> if you haven't already. (It hasn't changed since 2.0.0a6.)
>>
>> Then bootstrap projects with:
>>
>>    python bootstrap.py -t
>>
>> Jim
>>

> Works fine in my standard customer buildout.
>
> There are a few problems with extensions I use, but they probably need to be
> fixed in those extensions.
>
> If I use the mr.developer extension, "bin/buildout buildout:parts=ipzope"
> works, but not when you spell it without 'buildout:'.

So not a regression.

> mr.developer seems to
> work fine with zc.buildout 2.0.0b1, just not for this feature.  This is the
> traceback:

> line 329, in parse_buildout_args
>     raise ValueError('Invalid option:', option)
> ValueError: ('Invalid option:', 'parts')

I have no idea.

It's hard to imagine how an extension would be broken unless
the extension is actually looking at sys.argv.

> In the Plone core-dev buildout, I get an error which at first seemed to be a
> problem in zc.buildout itself.  It goes away when I remove the
> buildout.dumppickedversions extension though.

dumppickleversions and buildout-versions don't
work with buildout 2 because they work by monkey-patching
internal buildout implementation that has changed.

We agreed to add the functionality to buildout 2.
I'm looking forward to a pull request. :)

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimfulton