[Distutils] [buildout] weird behaviour with system-installed packages and cross-buildout contamination

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Wed Feb 13 09:59:31 CET 2013

On 13-02-13 00:45, Chris Withers wrote:
> But wait, I don't have a bin/nosetests. Hmm, okay, well, am I right in
> guessing this is to do with Buildout 2's desire not to try and protect
> you form system packages? If so, not problem with it not installing a
> new nose, but surely it's a bug that I don't end up with bin/nosetests?

I looked at your code and I cannot find a dependency on nose. Not in the
buildout.cfg and not in the setup.py. So buildout rightfully doesn't
give you a bin/nosetests.

I *do* see nose in "tox.ini", but that's not something that buildout reads.

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees                    http://reinout.vanrees.org/
reinout at vanrees.org             http://www.nelen-schuurmans.nl/